Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Prego Journal: Week 16

How far along: 16 Weeks
How big is baby:  Avocado

Total weight gain: +2

Maternity clothes: Luckily I went through a period in my life where I bought lots of shirts that tied as an empire waist and then flowed out (much like a maternity shirt).  I've been wearing these a lot.  Also, I discovered a little trick with my shorts and using a hair tie around my button to extend it a bit.  Oh and I received two giant bags and a bin full of maternity clothes from Nancy!  Hurray sisterhood of pregnant women. 
Sleep: It improved a little this week.  Only waking up about once a night to actually get up and other than that I'll just wake up briefly to shift positions.  
Best moment(s) of the week: There are a couple:
1) We went to a Rangers game with my cousin, Kyle, and a good friend of mine from grade school.  It was a lot of fun to have a night out. 
2) The drive to and from San Antonio...okay I was a little tired of driving, but I listened to an old Christopher West CD on the way there and back and it was everything I needed to hear.
3) Kendall's wedding!  K-Blev is now K-Tron!!!  It was such a beautiful wedding and lots of fun!  Jason and I love going to weddings because it's a wonderful reminder of our own vows and how incredibly special marriage is! 
4) Jason and I have this thing where we squeeze each other's hands three times as a way of saying "I love you" to one another...at Mass this week, the Eucharist had just been placed in the tabernacle and we were sitting back down.  Jason wrapped his arm around me and placed his other hand on my belly, then he tapped it three times, saying "I love you" to Iggy.  It was the most precious thing! 
Food cravings: hmmm I really enjoyed eating Mexican food this weekend! 
Food aversions: Sweets are my biggest aversion. 
Symptoms: Little tummy aches and occasionally feeling nauseated.  I've been up and down with my energy levels.  My hunger levels are definitely starting to rise.  I didn't eat for over 7 hours on Saturday and it felt a little bit like I might die. On that note, I learned that I get very moody when I'm hungry.
Movement: Nope
Gender: Not 100% positive, but we're thinking about going to Nancy's clinic on Monday to get a sonogram and see if we can see anything!   
What I’m looking forward to:  I start internship this week!  I'm very excited for this adventure to begin! 
AND we close on our house this Friday!!! AHHHHH!!! 
What I miss: hummus and feta cheese (aka not having a million different food restrictions)
Next appt: September 10th 
Workout/FitnessI did pretty well this week.  I went to our apartment gym a couple of times and also did the Jackie video a few times.  Trying to keep in some kind of a routine.    

2 comments:

  1. Love the story of Jason at Mass! So sweet. Cannot wait until you close on the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I basically want to cry of happiness every time I read an update...I just love all the wonderful things going on in y'alls life!!! I moved into my apt this weekend, and am hopefully make copies of my key soon so you can come by anytime you need to! xoxo

    ReplyDelete