Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Prego Journal: Weeks 25 &26


I apologize to the two or three readers who may have actually noticed I missed a week :-/  I had intended on making up for this by including a few pictures of the growing belly as well as a double post this week.  Unfortunately, we left our camera with all the baby bump pictures at my Papa Joe's house.  I will still post about last week and this week to make it a complete update :) 
How far along:  26 weeks! Technically, 26.6 weeks is 2/3 of the way through, even thought the third trimester doesn't "medically" start until week 28. 
*Update* I've added pictures:

How big is baby:  Eggplant.  Over the past two weeks little man's skin started to get a pink color and the lungs are continuing to mature. His little nostrils are also opening up and he's starting to practice breathing.  His eyes are also beginning to open.  Also brain wave activity is going wild; baby can start recognizing and responding to noises. 
Total weight gain: +11 lbs...My doctor gave me a look when my weight hadn't gone up since my last appointment.  But, there are two scales in his office and I'm fairly confident one of them says you weigh more than you actually do...I used that scale the last time, and this time I got to use the scale that makes you feel good about yourself :)  I let him know not to worry, as I am eating plenty of food.  Just ask our grocery bill. 
Maternity clothes:  I've had the urge to go out and buy some new maternity clothes just because I miss shopping...but I'm doing my best to not give in.   
Sleep: I was bad about going to sleep late the past two weeks.  And I've been going into my internship site early a lot, so sleep hasn't been plentiful.           
Best moment(s) of the week: 
There have been a few:
1) Last monday one of my best friends came over and we carved pumpkins   It is the best to get to see her.  We're kind of the same person. 
2) Last Wednesday night the family came over to our house for Halloween.  It was a bit of a bummer because husband was on call and didn't get to be there to wear his hulk mask with me in my batman mask.  But it was still fun to see my sweet niece in her cute little costume. 
3) Last Saturday we went over to sister and bro in law's house for a football saturday.  We had such a good time.  I love them so much!
4) Last Sunday, on the way out of Mass Jason and I stopped in the court yard at our church in the Mary grotto and said some prayers together.  We've sat before Mary requesting her intercessions the day we got engaged, the day we got married, and here we were getting ready to have a baby!
5) I've had my second successful job placement at work, and I'm really excited about it.  I love what I'm doing.  
6) I had another Dr.'s appointment.  Everything is still on track, although my pelvic bone to top of uterus measurement indicates Iggy is growing a little fast.  I need him to slow down because I've had a number of requests that he arrives a little late. 
7) On Saturday I went to breakfast and on a wonderful walk with one of my dearest friends.  She is such a great person and time spent with her is like a re-energizer for my soul.  Later you'll see me complain a little about walks, but this does not apply to walks with friends.   
8) ummm the Aggies beat Alabama!!! WHOOP! 
Food cravings: Still enjoying scrambled eggs quite a bit, other than that, still nothing out of the ordinary 
Food aversions: I'm going to let you fill in the blank here. 
Symptoms: I had a pregnancy "no filter" moment this week, involving questioning an innocent UNT student's work ethic, so that was fun.  I've had a few sharp pulls/side pains when I turn certain ways or try to tighten certain muscles.  
Movement I can't get over Jason's reactions whenever Iggy has a big kick.  He's just so excited for his little man to be here.  He has had some pretty epic kicks here lately. 
What I’m looking forward to:  It's a little early, but graduation.  I am really starting to get excited about having January off before the arrival!         
What I miss: I really really miss intense workouts.  I keep trying to convince myself that these walks and leg lifts, and pregnancy pilates are fulfilling my desire to workout, but they simply aren't.  I miss doing insanity!   
Next appt: Nov 26th.
Workout/Fitness: See above...walks, leg lifts, pregnancy Pilates   I've looked up a few videos on youtube, but I'm usually disappointed by how ridiculously easy they are.  I mean come on, I know I can do more than just step tap.  At least pretend to challenge me.  If anyone has any recommendations please leave them in the comment section!  

No comments:

Post a Comment