Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cooking Update Before the Big Spring Break Post

I've got a post in the works that will chronicle my Spring Break cooking adventures, but first I want to catch up with some meals I never posted.  

First, before I get into the real purpose of this post can I just say

I'm a Fry!!!  Exactly 1 year and 1 day after Jason proposed, we now have the same last name.  Tomorrow I will get my new driver's license and from there it's just a matter of changing over my car title...changing my insurance...getting my bank account settled...getting my employer transferred to my new bank account...and letting the school know.  I'm probably forgetting something, please let me know if you think of anything else I need to do.  


Jamaican Chicken
This is actually something Jason made for me on one of my late school nights.  
We bought this sauce at Zest Fest and Jason used it in his marinade

Another Zest Fest item used in the marinade 

Extra special rice jason seasoned and cooked in the rice cooker

Giant Chicken Breasts baked in the oven  (I've recently decided that I only want to by organic chicken breast after eating these.  There's just no reason for the chicken breast to be this big)

Edamame steamed in the rice cooker

Edamame seasoned by Jason 

The finished product! Yum! 
 Result: Jason did a great job.  It was super spicy, but also super flavorful.  

Spicy Mustard Cod
I honestly can't remember what all I marinated the fish in.  I do remember including a mustard we bought from Kroger called "inglehoffer sweet hot pepper mustard"  I then threw on some spices, topped it with a little bit of Gouda cheese, and popped it into our toaster oven.  I also steamed some bell peppers and onions for a vegetable.  

Finished product 
 Come back at the end of the week to see all the yummies Jason and I had during my Spring Break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment