Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Prego Journal: Week 33

How far along: 33 Weeks


How big is baby: Honeydew melon. The amount of baby in my belly is now greater than the amount of amniotic fluid; meaning his jabs and nudges are more strongly felt. Baby is able to better differentiate between light and dark. His own immune system is rapidly developing.  
Total weight gain:  +13lbs
Maternity clothes:  I wore sweatpants a lot this week thanks to Christmas break.  But, on the days I did go outside of the house I managed to get into my skinny jeans (unbuttoned of course) 
Best moment(s) of the week: Christmas!  On Sunday we had Christmas with my dad's family.  I love that group of people.  I have the most fun aunts and uncles ever.  On Monday, husband and I went to midnight Mass and got to hear the orchestra play at our church.  I have to say I was pretty tired by the end of the service.  On Tuesday I woke up early to make a salad and then we headed to my mom's for Christmas.  And what a beautiful Christmas it was!  My little neice was all dressed up in the cutest little coat, hat, and mittens.  To top it all off it snowed!  Hurray white Christmas!  Ever since my Memaw passed away I always associated snow with her saying "hi" to us (it snowed strongly the day of her funeral).  This year it snowed both on my birthday and on Christmas, it's been nice to have little reminders of her this holiday season.  


Food cravings: I did eat Pho twice this week.  I think in general I've been wanting soup due to the cooler weather, and pho is just so tasty. 
Food aversions: ...
Symptoms: Back pain is still pretty persistent.  I've also had some changes with my eyes...I haven't been able to comfortably wear contacts for a few weeks now.  I'm not sure if this is pregnancy related, but I'm hoping it stops after baby arrives. 
Movement Still having lots of good movement.  Sometimes he gets into these almost rhythmic kicks or punches where he'll just kick one spot of my belly repeatedly for about 2 minutes.   
What I’m looking forward to:  I'm going back to Austin Street to do some final sessions and closing out cases.  I've missed being around the clients.             
What I miss: I definitely can't wait to have sushi again
Next appt: January 3rd
Workout/Fitness: Some short walks.  I did some arm work twice this week with light weights.  I also bought an exercise/birthing ball and did some exercises with that the past couple of days.   

The Sisterhood of Mothers: After my post last week about our birth preparation I was reminded how awesome it is to hear from women who have been through this whole process before.  Jason and I did end up getting to sit down and talk for a bit with the couple I had mentioned.  They were so helpful and comforting.  She had a 36 hour labor, but ultimately said she can hardly remember the pain and is glad she went through all of it naturally.  I really enjoyed hearing from her husband's perspective as well.  Plus, it was great to see them with their sweet little son.  I also got a very nice message from someone I knew in high school who also did a natural birth.  She gave me another book recommendation as well as some encouraging words.  I can't begin to say how much I appreciate the generosity of all these awesome moms. 

Bonus Pictures: Our good friend who took maternity pictures for Jason and I sent me three of the edited images and I am so in love with them!  I can't wait to see the rest!



No comments:

Post a Comment