Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Prego Journal: Week 30

How far along:  30 weeks
Teepy time with Booter and Baby 
How big is baby:  Butternut Squash.  About 18 inches long.  Brain development is progressing and the amount of brain tissue is increasing. Baby's bone marrow is producing his red blood cells, further increasing his ability to thrive outside the womb.    
Total weight gain: +12  
Maternity clothes:  Not much new here.  Enjoying mixing maternity and non maternity wear    
Sleep: Going alright.  Just wish I was able to sleep a little later on my mornings off.   
Best moment(s) of the week: 
1) The Rehab Counseling Holiday Party went great.  It also motivated Jason and I to get our house all Christmas-y.  Jason also made a delicious fried turkey (two actually)!
2)  We took some maternity pictures with a good friend of ours this Sunday!  It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the results  :) 
Food cravings: still nothing
Food aversions: same ole sweets 
Symptoms: Back pain is still the biggest symptom and I think my sciatic nerve started acting up on Saturday.  Jason gave me a two day early birthday present: a prenatal massage!!  I am so excited to do this.  It will be the perfect way to relax after graduation :)  I also think I'm going through the "nesting" phase, except instead of making me ultra focused on getting the nursery ready it motivated me to go on a Christmas decorating spree.  Eventually, I really am going to have to get started on that nursery.  
Movement I'm so proud of my active boy.  The number of kicks seems to have reduced a little and I feel more rolls and stretches.  The stretching is my favorite.  My stomach will poke out real far to the front and then all of a sudden both my left and right sides will expand out like he's doing a double leg stretch (pilates move)
What I’m looking forward to:  My birthday is on Monday; woohoo!  But mostly I'm excited about graduation!!  I'm done!!               
What I miss: Hot chocolate.  I sure would like to enjoy a nice cup of hot cocoa, but I know I won't enjoy it if I try to drink one  
Next appt: Dec 11th...we'll be registering at the hospital that day too.  It's getting so close!
Workout/Fitness: I did some prenatal pilates this week and other leg focused workouts.  Also all the preparation for the party on Saturday made me so sore that night and Sunday. 
Pregnant moment of the week:  We went to my grandparents' new senior living community on Sunday for brunch. *sidenote: this was one fancy living community.  I mean top notch, I was pretty impressed*  Anyways, after brunch we were walking out and my Granny saw one of her friends and was telling her that I'm her granddaughter and I'm carrying her little great grand-baby.  Well, this very kind woman looks at me and says "Oh I'm so proud of you."  Apparently pregnancy has turned me into a bit  (more) of a smart-a and instead of a simple "Thank you," knowing full well she was simply saying congratulations, I said "yup, just building babies"   
Pregnancy Reflection: This week was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary.  The Gospel reading at Mass came from Luke 1:26-38.  In this passage Mary gives her fiat to God exclaiming "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word."  During communion I was looking at the crucifix and contemplating the journey of Mary from the time she was visited by the Angel to the time of Christ's birth and his eventual death on the cross.  In Christopher West's "Woman: God's Masterpiece" talk, he speaks about how Mary's fiat did not end after the birth of Jesus.  It lasted all the way through watching her own son scourged and crucified. At any point during all of this she could of changed this yes to "No God, this hurts too much."  What powerful faith and trust she must have had in God to watch her son put to death.  This thought impacted me deeply as I am experiencing pregnancy for myself now.  I already love my little son so much and can't even begin to imagine the pain and heartache Mary must of experienced.  She watched and stood faithfully by as the sweet little boy she wrapped so lovingly in her arms on Christmas fulfilled God's ultimate plan for salvation. As we approach Christmas and prepare the way for our Lord, I pray I can keep in mind what His coming to earth means; and remain thankful to Mary for her "yes".  

No comments:

Post a Comment