Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

This post is dedicated to the amazing moms in my life who inspire me each and every day!
First up, my mom!  Obviously, I can't do a mom post without giving a shout out to the very woman who brought me into this world.  My mom is one incredible lady.  She supports and loves me unconditionally and does so with an ever joyful heart.  I could call my mom everyday and not run out of things to talk about with her.  She laughs with me when I'm feeling goofy, cries with me when I'm feeling sad, and hugs me when I just need to be her baby for a moment longer.  I love her to the moon and stars and back again! 
Next, my sister!  This is both my and my sister's first Mother's Day.  While her little one is still in the womb, she already shows little Reese so much love and care.  Have I told you that my sister is a hero?  No really, she is.  Just trust me, only 7 months into motherhood and her motherly instincts are already top notch.  She has been the most observant and aware mommy-to-be I've ever known, and I can't even tell you how inspiring her love for her baby is.  Not just her baby, but the way she loves all the little ones in her life is amazing.  Aidan is blessed to have her as an aunt.  I'm so excited to continue to experience motherhood with my closest and longest friend.  I love her so much! 
Now, my incredible mother-in-law!  It's hard to describe how lucky I am to have married Jason, not just because of the man he is, but because of his family.  Jason's mom has given so much of herself to help out our little family as we are starting out on all of these new adventures.  From the first time I timidly came to Houston to meet Jason's family, she welcomed me with an open heart.  Her love is abundant and unconditional;   I have no doubt where Jason learned to love.  Not only is she loving, but she is so much fun!  I know that when we go to Houston to visit or have her come to Dallas to visit us we are in for a wonderful time.  I can only hope that Aidan and I have the kind of relationship she and Jason have developed.   

There are so many other women I could write about here who have inspired me as I learn how to become a mother myself.  I have some of the most loving aunts who have always been like moms to me.  My sister-in-law has been there for me in so many ways and I love watching her with my niece.  She's kinda supermom.  I have lots of friends who have the sweetest little kids and who I am hoping to continue to pick up tips and tricks from as Aidan grows.  I also want to give a shout out to all the expecting moms in my life!  I know lots of women who are only months/weeks/days from meeting their precious babies and I am just thrilled for each of them!

To every mom, I hope you have the best day. Know that you are appreciated for doing the most important job in the world!    

   

1 comment: