Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

1 Year Anniversary


I'm foregoing a full pregnancy update this week for an anniversary post.  I will do a double post next week.  
On Sunday, Jason and I drove to Coppell to attend Mass at St. Ann, where just a year ago we were preparing for our wedding.  The Mass was beautiful.  Deacon Pete (who did our marriage prep) and Father Petter (who was the Celebrant at our wedding) were both presiding.  It couldn't have been more perfect.  I was filled with so much joy as Jason and I knelt together after receiving the Eucharist.  My husband had his arms wrapped tenderly around me and our baby was kicking away.  I thanked God many times over for the blessings He has given us this year and prayed for his continued guidance in our marriage.  We then went to St. Kilian's Chapel where our wedding was held.  Standing there together thinking back to our wedding I couldn't help but tear up a little.
1 year ago today I said yes to God's vocation for me to enter into the Sacrament of marriage and became united with my best friend.  A man who has supported me through some of the hardest moments in my life.  Someone who has seen the worst side of me and still found nothing in his heart but love for me.  A man who has helped me to grow in my faith and continues to inspire me each and every day.  Someone who can make me smile bigger and laugh harder than anyone else.  When we started this journey I had no idea how deep and committed my love could be for another person.  One year later here we are, living in our first house and a month away from bringing our first child into the world; the most beautiful sign of our love for one another!  Looking back on our wedding day I remember being overwhelmingly joyful.  As I look forward to the life we have ahead of us I am endlessly grateful.   
Below I've included the edited pictures that we didn't get back until long after the wedding and so I never posted them anywhere.  If you'd like to read the full story of our wedding you can go here and here.  

































































































































































Thank you to everyone who was a part of this day!  I'm looking forward to many amazing days and years to come!

The VrlyFries

2 comments:

  1. I looove looking back at your wedding! The pictures capture such good moments. I love you sister, you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post! happy anniversary you love birds!
    as a side note, a photo from my wedding made the post (at the top)! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete