Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Prego Journal: Week 22 and Gender Reveal!

How far along: 22 Weeks
How big is baby:  Spaghetti Squash 
Total weight gain: +10 lbs 
Maternity clothes: I wore my skinny jeans one day this week...it was comforting to know I could still fit into them; even if the button was left undone :) 
Sleep: It's been alright.  But I could always use more.  I should probably start going to bed earlier.         
Best moment(s) of the week: 
Seeing Iggy again (who now has a real name by the way)! SO MUCH BIGGER!  I went back and looked at our first sonogram and compared it to this one and I may have gotten a little teary about how fast Iggy has grown.  
Finding out the gender for sure was also very exciting!
This is technically part of week 23, but I'm including it in week 22 because it had to do with gender reveal: I went to Girl's Night on Monday and baked cupcakes to "reveal" Iggy's gender.  It was a lot of fun and it was great to be surrounded by such a supportive group of women; especially because so many of them have kids already and have lots of good advice and encouragement! 
Food Cravings: Still nothing out of the ordinary.  I just need to eat small snacks about once every two hours for my stomach to stay happy. 
Food aversions: Still sweets.  It was really hard to make the cupcakes because I instinctively wanted to lick the icing off of spoons and whatnot, but every time I did that I was reminded that I don't like sweets right now. 
Symptoms: I've been so tired lately, but that may be because I'm not going to bed early enough.  I also think pregnancy brain is starting to kick in.  I'm already pretty bad about making decisions but now it seems to take forever.  I stood in the grocery store for about 30 mins in the baking aisle trying to decide what icing to buy.  I also think I'm becoming even more forgetful than normal.  
Movement: Lots of good movement this week.  While husband and I were doing our evening Bible reading his hand was on my belly and all of a sudden Iggy had a powerful kick and he got so excited to really feel the baby!    
Gender: We know, we know, we finally know!  Here are some pics from the gender reveal at Girls Night...and my gender reveal week 22 picture, taken in the baby's nursery. 

Jason's cupcake with the baby's initials
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!
What I’m looking forward to:   The weekend 
Next appt: Nov 6th
Workout/Fitness: I've been pretty consistent with taking Boots for long walks this week.  We also did our final round of moving on Saturday, which meant lots of stair climbing and carrying things. On a side note, it was a little sad leaving our apartment for the last time.  It was such a wonderful place for Jason and I to start our lives together. 
And finally our latest video of little Aidan Michael Fry


6 comments:

  1. Gus will be so excited tomorrow to find out his newest cousin is a boy! Love his name! So happy for ya'll!!! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys! his name is beautiful (of course, Michael is a great name!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use for the center of the cupcakes? I love that name!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Betty Crocker's Fun-da-middles cupcake mix. Essentially it's icing in the middle of the cupcake instead of the outside. And then I made chocolate and peanut butter ganache for the topping.
      And thank you! We love his name too :)

      Delete
    2. I love this idea!! I'll have to remember it! Chocolate and peanut butter ganache....**DROOL** And Jason even had his own special cupcake! =) You two are just the most amazingly awesome couple! How blessed you both are!! And I know Aidan will bless both of you in sooooooo many big big big ways!

      Delete